YOUR LOCAL EXPERT
PENINSULA by Atelier Bow Wow is featured in JT Japan Architect
RIDGE HOUSE by AREA is featured in WALLPAPER * April ’23 Issue
“The home’s gentle curves form part of a vocabulary of shapes and volumes that the architects used in their design development, and which they ‘insert’ into the home at various scales and with various functions, in a playful and carefully orchestrated design gesture”
OLIAROS’ APS House by ARP, featured in the WALL STREET JOURNAL MAGAZINE
“From a distance it looks symmetrical, but up close there are irregularities: a higher roof here, a latticed wall there, mismatched window and door openings”
THE OLIAROS GROUP
CURATED RESIDENTIAL HOSPITALITY
Founded in 2001, OLIAROS launched its first development project with seven bespoke houses designed by young architects, introducing the concept of high-end, low-density housing in Antiparos. The vision behind this was the creation of unique architecture-led homes, neighborhoods and communities that are seamlessly integrated within the local environment.
The Antiparos Project has now grown organically to a total of 54 properties, transforming it into a highly desirable residential destination while protecting its original character. With an emphasis on originality, OLIAROS has worked with 25 different architects over 20 years, seeking out emerging talent for whom it was either their first project or first Greek project — in order to reimagine the Cycladic vernacular with a fresh eye.
In 2013, we launched OLIAROS Villa Rentals, which combines exceptional houses — many of which are exclusive — with high end concierge services; as well as Beach House Antiparos in Apantima Bay, as a meeting place and service point for OLIAROS clients and the wider island. The latest addition to the group is M18, a Neoclassical property located inside the Acropolis Museum Gardens.
THE OLIAROS WAY
OLIAROS is a one-of-a-kind property development company committed to creating projects of progressive architectural design with deep Cycladic roots, a unique respect to the environment and top quality construction detailing. OLIAROS works on a presale business model with a holistic approach, from land acquisition to post-delivery services.
With the deep knowledge of the local environment, landscape and culture, OLIAROS envisions the overall masterplan and development concept, based on which the individual houses and neighborhoods are designed. Focusing on efficiency, quality and a decreased overall footprint of each residential development, OLIAROS supervises all procedures, from larger scale to minor details, while collaborating with experienced professionals through all stages of the process (design-construction-delivery). After the delivery of a house, OLIAROS offers a variety of services upon request, from staff hiring and maintenance, to concierge services via OLIAROS Villa Rentals and Beach House Antiparos.
A SELECTED GROUP OF AWARD-WINNING ARCHITECTS
From the very beginning, we invited architects whοm we consider to be talented and relevant today, from Greece and abroad, to design a new Cycladic typology of leisure homes in Antiparos. After twenty years since our first steps on the island, OLIAROS’s project has established Antiparos as a new, international architectural destination.
Andreas Fuhrimann – Gabrielle Hächle Architekten
Architecture Research Athens
Architecture Research Practice
All OLIAROS projects are adapted to the local environment and are built according to the principles of bioclimatic architecture. The design focuses on a series of strategic solutions such as orientation, cross-ventilation, insulation, use of resources available on site and the collection of rainwater. All these factors enable indoor and outdoor living comfort with a relatively low energy footprint. As technology evolves, OLIAROS aims to produce even more self-sufficient houses, and its new goal is to convert all its properties, both existing and upcoming, to use 100% solar energy.
OLIAROS is devoted to the creation of unique homes and neighborhoods that can be experienced as elegant nests, regardless of their scale or location. These neighborhoods, OLIAROS Masterplans, are generating microenvironments, that develop and thrive as an extended community taking into consideration local characteristics, culture and the landscape. These microenvironments are open and not gated, enabling its inhabitants to experience the homely and immersive feeling of belonging, without loosing their individuality.
Working with landscaping specialists Doxiadis+ since 2001 and H. Pangalou since 2017, OLIAROS has established a symbiotic way of approaching the Cycladic ecosystem. The development respects the natural landforms of the site, and incorporates them in the strategies used to inhabit the area. Landscape structures and planting design are based on the local vocabulary, respecting the seasonal rhythm offering a variety of colors, shapes and scents.
A NOVEL APPROACH TO PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT
A holistic perspective that embraces an advanced architectural gusto, post-delivery services, an attitude for community-building and hospitality. Introducing a fresh, original island-living experience, OLIAROS sets the paradigm for developing high-end, unconventional homes, with respect to the local environment, care for the landscape and a strong intention to make a statement when it comes to architecture, construction, spatial detailing and breathtaking views.
VILLA RENTALS & CONCIERGE SERVICES
OLIAROS is setting a new standard in high-end villa rentals, hospitality and personalized-upscale concierge services, available on the island of Antiparos and other locations in Greece. Managing exclusively our own development houses and the largest portfolio of unique villas on Antiparos, OLIAROS is your local expert for your ideal vacations. With our own Beach House Antiparos being the central socializing and hospitality hub, OLIAROS has built exclusive knowledge over the years of our clientele’s needs; and provides a variety of constantly refined and perfected personalized services.
OLIAROS is an expert on the island of Antiparos, with a deep knowledge of the existing and upcoming built environment. OLIAROS is also qualified in the property market, dealing with exclusive development opportunities and their realization on a daily basis. With an insight of the local scene, its network of professional collaborators, its unquestionable experience and its property development track record, OLIAROS is the most suitable and reliable partner for finding your dream house in Greece.
AWARDS & PUBLICATIONS
OLIAROS HAS RECEIVED NUMEROUS AWARDS AND HONORABLE MENTIONS
- Honorable Mention for Ridge House, Doma Awards, 2022
- Honorable Mention for APS, “Domes” Magazine, 2019
- Tourism awards winner 2019
- Honorable Mention for “Landscapes of Cohabitation” to Doxiadis+ for OLIAROS “Antiparos Project”, “Best Private Plots”, 2012
- “The Architectural Review”, Commendation AR House for Aloni, 2010
- Architectural Review Commendation, for “Landscapes of Cohabitation” to Doxiadis+ for OLIAROS “Antiparos Project”, 2010
- ALONI, Piranesi Awards, 2009
- Architectural Award for Aloni, Hellenic Institute of Architecture, 2008
- Architectural Award for Kratir, Hellenic Institute of Architecture, 2004
OLIAROS PROJECTS HAVE BEEN PRESENTED IN SOME OF THE MOST RECOGNIZED MAGAZINES GLOBALLY
- PENINSULA BY ATELIER BOW WOW IS FEATURED IN JT JAPAN ARCHITECT
- OLIAROS in “Reimagine Tourism in Greece”- Conference organized by the Greek newspaper “Kathimerini”- June 2023
- OLIAROS in “ESO 2023” Conference by Archisearch
- Ridge House at Wallpaper *, 2023
- APS House at Wall Street Journal, 2023
- Ridge House at The PLAN, 2023
- Ridge House at Architectural Record, 2022
- Avlakia House at Wallpaper*, 2022
- Oliaros – Venture Capital for Architects at Lifo ADM, 2022
- Tree at Domes, 2021
- Ring at Domes, 2021
- Avlakia House at Domes, 2020
- OLIAROS at Domes, 2020
- Little Cedar at ELLE Decoration Greece, 2019
- Kedros at El Pais, 2019
- Ring at El Pais, 2019
- TREE at Toto Journal, 2017
- Tree at Shinkenchiku Jutakutokushu, 2017
- Ktima at DesignBoom, 2015
- Ktima at Living on Water: Contemporary Houses Framed By Water Phaidon Editors, 2015
- Ring at Shinkenchiku Jutakutokushu,2015
- Ktima at ARQA115, 2014
- “COMMUNITY BY DESIGN: article for OLIAROS development in Antiparos by “WSJ” magazine, 2012
- Aloni at HAUSER, 2011
- ALONI at Taschen’s “100 Contemporary House, vol.1”, 2011
- Little Cedar at DECO, 2011
- Cliffhanger at “Elle Decoration”, 2010
- Doxiadis+ for OLIAROS ANTIPAROS Project at “AR”, 2010
- Aloni at Residences Decoration 2009
- Cliffhanger at ESPACES, 2009
- Little Cedar at ELLE DEKOR, 2009
- HELIX at AD, 2008
- Kedros at Arquitectura Y Diseno, 2008
- Little Cedar at AD, 2008
- Little Cedar at InsideOut, 2008
- Little Cedar at Hove Overseas, 2008
- Kratir at Living by the Sea – International Examples 2008
- Little Cedar at Identity, 2007
- Kratir at “AD”, 2006
- Kratir at Casa Vogue Hellas, 2006
- Kratir at Architectural Review, 2004